PERSONAL FINANCE AND HOW TO TEACH ITJuly 31, 2018 - Colorado Mesa University, Dominquez Hall, Grand Junction | Space is limited.
|UPDATE: The location has been changed from Chipeta Elementary School to Colorado Mesa University to better accomodate the class size of 100 teachers.|
REGISTER NOW!Grand Junction - July 31, 2018
There will be lesson demonstrations, pedagogical suggestions and resource sharing. Later in the day there will be an opportunity to hear from Colorado Jump$tart partners about the wealth of resources and services available to teachers at all grade levels. Between July 2018 and June 2019, this workshop will be offered in five regions: Western Slope - Grand Junction, Southwest Colorado - Alamosa, Southeast Colorado - Pueblo, Northeast Colorado - Sterling, and Metro Denverr.
- Grades: Teachers of All Grade Levels*
- FEE: FREE ($25* refundable deposit due with registration, refunded upon completion of class)
- Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Continuing Education: 6.5 hour continuing education letter available
- Includes: Lesson plans, light breakfast and lunch
- Attendance Stipends: Each participant will receive a $100 stipend for attendance at the end of the day.
- Travel stipends: $50 travel stipends are available for teachers traveling more than 75 miles to attend the class.
INTERESTED IN OTHER REGIONSSend me registration information for the workshops in other geographic regions when available. This program will be offered 4 more times across the state in the first half of 2019 in Denver, Pueblo, Alamosa and Sterling.
These workshops are part of the Colorado Statewide K-12 Personal Financial Literacy Initiative sponsored by the Colorado Office of the Attorney General in partnership with Colorado Jump$tart Coalition, the Colorado Department of Education, and Economic Literacy Colorado.
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES: We try to identify the best fit for our open enrollment classes, usually by the kinds of resources and pedagogy included in the class. However, it is our STRONG belief that the content from any of these classes is valuable for the professional development of any teacher, will enhance the understanding of ALL teachers, and will inspire creative applications in individual classrooms. We encourage teachers of all grade levels to attend any of our classes.