Sensible personal finance and investing can be taught in many different formats. The SME Infographic Contest is designed to utilize a cross-curricular approach to combine art, marketing, writing, and math skills along with your personal finance and economics instruction.
NEW INFOGRAPHIC Contest
What is an infographic and how are they created?
- An infographic is a chart or diagram that represents information or data. In this case, it will show what your students have learned by participating in the Stock Market Experience.
- Create your infographic on Easel.ly.
RULES and GUIDELINES
Topics: Develop an infographic on one of the suggested topics dealing with Investing or Personal Finance. See guidelines for all the details.
Judging: Each of the Infographics that we receive will be evaluated by judges using the following criteria:
- 25% - Topic and Purpose
- 25% - Data
- 15% - Citations
- 15% - Layout
- 10% - Color and Font
- 10% - Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation
- Winning infographics may be printed as12" X 18" posters
- Infographic should be a least 1500 x 2250 pixels, preferred 3600 X 5400 pixels.
- Submit your infographic in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited.
- Submitted electronically by e-mail to email@example.com .
- If a file is large, we recommend using a cloud file storage program to upload the file and then send us the link to download.
- Contact Lisa Vogt for more information or questions.
Prizes and Due Dates
- 1st Place $100, 2nd Place $50, 3rd Place $25 will be awarded to the winning student/team in the high school, middle school, and elementary school divisions.
- Teachers of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for each division will be awarded the same amount as their student/team. (Teacher prizes not to exceed $100 total).
- Spring 2018 Infographic submission are due on or before April 6, 2018.
Below are examples of a good infographics completed by students in Indiana.
Do you have a question or comment?