FTE’s Rejuvenating Your Economics Class
July 17, 2018 - Denver
This one day class is designed for new and experienced economics teachers, as well as middle school teachers and curriculum specialists charged with incorporating economic principles into their curriculum.
The program will help teachers refresh their economics understanding, bring back the excitement of teaching economics and provide simulations to engage students in group-structured activities that will enrich their understanding of a variety of economic principles, including supply and demand, economic goals, central banking and the Federal Reserve, and international trade.
- Grades: Secondary Teacher Focus (all K-12 welcome)
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Location: 3443 South Galena Street, 2nd Floor, Denver, CO 80231
- FEE: FREE ($25 refundable deposit due with registration, refunded upon completion of class)*
- Optional Credit: 1.0 UCCS Graduate Credit Hour (outside-of-class assignment). Credit is good for Certificate in Economic Education.
- Includes: Light breakfast and lunch
$50 & $100 Teacher Travel Stipends Are AvailableEconomic Literacy Colorado is offering a travel stipend for active teachers. Fill out a form (provided at the class) and we will send you a check upon mileage verification. Receive $50 when you drive over 75 miles one way or $100 when you drive over 200 miles one way. One stipend per carpool please.
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES: We try to identify the best fit for our open enrollment classes, usually by the kinds of resources and pedagogy included in the class. However, it is our STRONG belief that the content from any of these classes is valuable for the professional development of any teacher, will enhance the understanding of ALL teachers, and will inspire creative applications in individual classrooms. We encourage teachers of all grade levels to attend any of our classes.