What Every Teacher and Student Should Know About the Economy
August 7, 2018 - Aspen Academy, Denver
An in-service workshop for teachers, schools and school districts
Whether you are having a hard time bringing the economics standards to life, are confused by the conflicting rhetoric in the news, or simply want to get up to speed with your own economic awareness, these experienced and talented teachers will help their fellow teachers better understand and teach about important and engaging economic issues.
Early registration now available for Aspen Academy teachers only.
Regular open enrollment starts on April 17th
The workshop includes several hands-on activities that can be used with students.
- Who is winning the trade war?
- Are immigrants taking our jobs?
- Will the debt strangle us?
- Is inequality bad for America?
- Will China overtake the US?
- How is the economy doing?
- Grades: K-12 Teachers
- FEE: FREE ($25* refundable deposit due with registration, refunded upon completion of class)
- Location: Aspen Academy, 5859 S University Blvd, Greenwood Village, CO 80121
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Continuing Education: Participants will receive a letter documenting 7.5 hours of continuing education
- Faculty: Jeff Kenefsky and Mike Paige, Economics Teachers, Cheyenne Mountain High School
- Includes: Naked Economics book by Charles Wheelan, light breakfast, and lunch
$50 & $100 Teacher Travel Stipends Are AvailableEconomic Literacy Colorado is offering a travel stipend for active teachers. Fill out a form (provided at the class) and we will send you a check upon mileage verification. Receive $50 when you drive over 75 miles one way or $100 when you drive over 200 miles one way. One stipend per carpool please.
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES: We try to identify the best fit for our open enrollment classes, usually by the kinds of resources and pedagogy included in the class. However, it is our STRONG belief that the content from any of these classes is valuable for the professional development of any teacher, will enhance the understanding of ALL teachers, and will inspire creative applications in individual classrooms. We encourage teachers of all grade levels to attend any of our classes.