The Stock Market Experience (SME) is a FREE, robust online, real-time investment simulation program that teaches students about personal financial literacy and economics. The SME utilizes user-friendly technology that can be accessed anywhere at any time. Student teams invest a virtual $100,000 in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and ETFs on the US markets.
Mentored Investment Challenge
The teachers of the top 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place State winners in each of the three age divisions will also be awarded CASH prizes. (Not to exceed $100.00 per teacher).
Winning teams will be invited to the Annual SME Awards Ceremony Spring 2019. Date and location TBD.
Highest Earning Portfolios
Student teams that place first, second or third overall in the state in their age division will win cash awards as specified below. Place-winners are determined by the highest return-on-investment percentage at the close of business on the last day of the competition.
First Place Overall in each of the five geographic regions will receive $50 for a Classroom Celebration.
Best Part, It's FREE
The Stock Market Experience is provided free of charge to Colorado teachers and students through the generous support from our program sponsors! There is no limit on the number of teams, and teachers may register for more than one session throughout the school year.
FREE Teacher Training
We provide both on-site and webinar trainings to fit your schedule. The training sessions provide a look the SME program, demonstrations of the website's key operational features, and an overview of available curriculum resources and lesson plans.
- Highly engaging and competitive.
- Cash prizes and recognition at the Annual Awards Ceremony for both students and teachers.
- Incorporates math, reading, writing, and technology skills into the curriculum.
- Helps students understand how our economic system works.
- Students develop important real world skills including oral, written, and digital communication, leadership, professionalism, innovative and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Teacher training, lesson plans, e-subscriptions to the Denver Post and other Colorado news publication, and multiple support resources at your fingertips.
- No investment experience required.